Red Crown - Mid Swiss Quartz Pilot Watch - Central Second by Maratac™
NSN : Pending
* Free Black Mil Series 22MM Band & Black Watch Taco *
Limited Run 50 Pieces
The Maratac™ Pilot Swiss Quartz watch was privately contracted for a local agency. The second hand sweeps like a mechanical watch at 1/4 second increments, for more of a "fluid sweep". The watch features a central second sweep hand. The watch features a sterile clean dial, with no date and no branding. This watch is made to exemplify the purest form of time which provides a simplistic feel to the watch. Maratac™ has decided to use a Swiss Quartz ISA 9500 - 1010 movement known for its exceptional quality and accuracy. The Swiss ISA movement provides 39 month runtime with 4 second step - low battery indicator.
The Mid Swiss Quartz Maratac™ Pilot watch is truly a "Manly" watch at a little over 39mm wide and 57 grams. This watch is ideal for both formal and casual events and is truly built to last with a robust sapphire domed crystal.
The CAGE: 5VKB6 is engraved at the 6 o'clock position between lugs.
What is CAGE = Consumer And Government Entity #
Watch Details :
- Case: 316L stainless steel case cut from solid block.
- Dial: Print dial. With Super Luminova C3 color.
- Hands: With super luminova C3. Matte finishing
- Strap: With strap
- Movement: ISA 9500 - 1010 (Swiss movt)
- Movement Sweep : 1/4 second increment for more fluid sweep
- EOL: End Of Life Indicator : 8 steps every 2 seconds.
- Water resistant: 10 ATM water resistant.
- Size 13.8mm high by 39mm long
- Crown: Push In - Pull Out ( Double O-ring )
- Shoulderless Spring Bar: Insert spring bar to case leg.
- Case back: Engraved Stainless Steel
- Glass: Sapphire crystal domed
- Battery : CR2032 Lithium Energizer - 39 month runtime
- Hacking movement
* Comes with a Black Mil Series 20MM Band & Watch Taco *
Fits all 20mm bands ( Single and 2-piece band compatible )
The classic simplicity of the original Maratac design has been vastly improved by the addition of the new Swiss hackable movement. Bravo! The look/sweep of a mechanical automatic with the accuracy of quartz is a very nice combination indeed. The only thing I would add or advise is to maybe add a sticker or tag, to bring attention to the unique time-setting procedure. It is still quite simple, but attention must be paid to this as it is not a "normal" or typical procedure. I would also add a screwdown crown if possible.
Excellent quality, including the red crown and the particular shade of red chosen! Well done! Highly recommend!
Having a small collection of mechanical watches, I was looking for something more straightforward that was still nice. This guy more than met my expectations. Quartz, yes, but his is no dollar store watch. The movement operates with almost the same grace as a mechanical watch, but it's a little more "techy" without being obnoxious. Not techy in appearance at all, just operation. If you've never had a watch with this movement you owe it to yourself to try one. Construction is absolutely top notch, no question about that. You couldn't ask for anything better at a price point of even many times more.