Maratac™ TLL Strobe Light Rev 2
LED Strobe with 3 Modes ( High Contstant On / Low Constant On / Stobe )
The TLL ( Temporary Landing Light ) STROBE was developed as a safe alternative to using flares to rapidly set up and mark LZs (Landing Zones) in emergency situations. Once we started fielding the TLL, we quickly discovered that they had more uses that did not include aircraft. Here’s some of the ways we are using the TLL around here:
-More Compact C Cell TLL
-Glow Retainer Ring
-Racer Red Anodized Top Ring
The strobe marks our duck blind to help us find it early in the morning.
It makes a great camping lantern. It illuminates the entire tent on low power and provides a nice reading light.
When going to a local football game, I left a TLL strobing in my car. When the game was over later that night, I had no problems finding my car. One of the security officers asked me about the flashing. He said the bright light brought their attention to my car. I consider the extra attention from the security staff a free bonus.
When camping, I gave one to my little girl. It’s big enough where she won’t loose it and rugged enough so she can’t break it. She can sit it down on it’s flat bottom and use the light. Probably most importantly, I don’t worry about her draining the battery. The TLL belongs in every “GO Bag”, car, boat, first aid kit, actually every where. If you set up emergency LZs for a living, you may already know about the versatility of the TLL, If not think of all the places where you could use one.
WHERE WILL YOU USE YOUR TLL PHOTO CONTEST
Send in pics of your TLL in action and you may win a TLL for a friend or family member. We will post the best pics on the site for others to see.
- Length: 3.45" Diameter: 1.25"‚
- Weight: 60 Grams Without Battery & 130 Grams With Battery.
- Comes with extra o-ring
- LED Type: Cree XP-5 R5/G2 with a life span up to 50,000 hours. ( Diffused Beam )
- The reflector is aluminum alloy
- Flashlight body is made of aircraft grade aluminum covered with Type III Military grade anodization.
- The lens is a sealed polypropylene sphere.
- Has standard tripod mount threaded bottom for easy mounting
- Ultrapod Mini Tripod ( Mini Tripod Optional )
- The TLL's proprietary circuit design features reverse polarity protection and runs off of one C Cell battery that provides 3 levels of operation ( Constant High / Constant Low / Stobe )
- Twist on for High
Twist on again for Low
Twist on again for Strobe
- 3 Second Memory and then resets
Using a single Duracell C Cell battery we got the following results:
- Contant On, Low mode, 40 lumens output for upto 375 hours
- Contant On, High mode, 300 lumens output for upto 75 Hours
- Stobe mode, 300 Lumens output for upto 150 Hours ( 70 Beats Per Minute )
A Note From The Legal Department: As with all cool stuff, “battery not included”. We do not recommend the use of Rechargable batterys with this flashlight. It is designed to use a off the shelf alkaline & lithium. We do not recommend use of higher voltage batteries. Any attempt to modify these lights will void the warranty.
The Ultrapod Mini Tripod shown in some of the photos is not included but available here: Ultrapod Mini Tripod
Zulu and Maratac are registered trademarks of Maratac Inc.