CountyComm GP-7 SSB ( GEN 4 ) General Purpose Radio - Organic Gray ( 2023 Batch )
- Shipping Details
- 365 Day Warranty!
Coming Back In Stock March 30th - Jump On The Waitlist Now To Be Notified!
New 2023 Batch
Now Includes Free Silicone Protective Bumper - $10 Value
Gen 4 Pack - SPO:003942B-2 /A21 Gen 4
- Direct Frequency Entry
- Variable Tune Rate - Steps
- Built In removable rechargeable battery included
- Now Features Internally Rechargeable BL-5C Lithium with BMS
- Custom Stainless Steel 27" Long Antenna
- Band-with Filters ( SSB .5 Khz , 1.2 Khz, 2.2 Khz, 3.0 Khz, 4.0 Khz )
- AM / MW Filter Range ( 2.5 Khz, 3.5 Khz, 9.0 Khz )
- 16 Ohm Speaker High Fidelity Speaker
- Ultra Fast Autoscan Feature
- ETM + Enhanced Tuning Modes - Create time specific memories for LW / MW / SSB
- Adjustable maximum volume threshold
- Synchronous Detection - Helps reduce fading on AM SW broadcast
DONT FORGET! - > SPARE EXTERNAL CHARGER + 2 BATTERIES AVAILABLE ( HERE )
A battery management system (BMS) is any electronic system that manages a rechargeable battery (cell or battery pack), such as by monitoring its state, calculating secondary data, reporting that data, protecting the battery, controlling its environment, and / or balancing it.
THE LAST GEN GP-5 SSB WAS FEATURED IN CONCEALED CARRY MAGAZINE - USCCA - RECEIVING THE EDITORS CHOICE AWARD!
NOW IN ORGANIC GRAY!
- FITS ALL EXISTING GP SERIES CASES!
EXCLUSIVE LIMITED PRODUCTION OVERRUN
(NEWEST MODEL - GEN 4 )
With GP-7 Ferrite Bar Antenna
World's best digital shortwave general purpose, 4 -band shortwave receiver ( We think so... )
Amazing for emergency kits. It also makes an excellent monitor for when you're transmitting and tuning a HAM rig!
The new GP-7 SSB radio is made based on a continued request for an excellent quality general purpose information radio. These radios are re-modified for a specific client request with the help of Edison Fong PHD. We have a few left over to offer to our consumer preppers. Remember, always have a radio and be prepared, we are living in changing times.
CountyComm is pleased to announce the GP-7/SSB radio with excellent HF communications monitoring in a unique handheld form factor and at a great price. The radio covers medium wave 520-1710 kHz shortwave 2300-30000 kHz and the FM band. Unlike most radios in this price category, the GP-7/SSB provides LSB and USB single sideband reception. It has a very unique Easy Tuning Mode (ETM). ETM does more the usual ATS. It scans all frequencies without taking up the memory spaces. So you get quick access to all local stations. Great for the traveler. There are also 850 regular memories ( 100 Longwave, 150 AM, 100 FM, 300 shortwave, 100 SSB & 100 SYNC ) available for tuning into your favorite stations. Another unique feature of the radio is its removable high sensitivity external AM ferrite antenna. This directional antenna clearly enhances AM band reception. The CountyComm GP-7/SSB even employs DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology, improving clarity and tone quality. There is even an adjustable sleep timer.
THE NEW GP-7 SSB IS GREATLY IMPROVED OVER THE LEGENDARY GP-4L & GP-5 DSP. THIS RADIO HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REDESIGNED BY OUR ENGINEERS AND THE FACTORY TO BE AN IMPORTANT PART OF BOTH YOUR SURVIVAL KIT AND YOUR FUN KIT. THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS RADIO SURPASSES RADIOS COSTING 2-3 TIMES MORE.
- FM – Stereo via stereo earphones / MW / LW / SW
- FM Frequency new extended range adjustable ( 64 - 108 MHz )
- Antenna Stainless Steel Custom Length : 27" Inches
- 850 Station Memories
- Multi Tuning Methods: ATS, ETM, Auto scan tuning with 5 seconds pre-listening for both frequency & memory (VF / VM), Manual tuning 9K/10K AM tuning step selectable
- Silicon Labs Si4734 DSP Gen 2 chipset
- LCD Backlight
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Key lock function
- External AM antenna Jack
- Built-in rechargeable function ( USB jack, 5V ) ( Uses BL-5C rechargeable batteries )
- Size: 53 (W) x 159 (H) x 26 (D) mm
Modes : AM, FM, SW, USB, LSB
- FM: 64 – 108 or 76 – 108 MHz
- --- FM broadcast band includes world-wide FM broadcast allocations
- MW/ AM: 522 - 1620 (9K tuning step) or 520 – 1710 kHz (10K tuning step )
- SW: Extended Frequency Range to 1711-29999 ( higher and lower coverage )
- LW frequency: 153 – 513 kHz (available for 9K tuning step variable )
Sterile Fiberboard Packaging Per Contract Requirements
- Stereo earphones
- USB Power Cord
- BL-5C rechargeable battery
- External AM antenna
- Carrying pouch
- User manual
- 4.2 Volts DC via side jack with included cable via USB 5V 1A or greater
- BL-5C ( Battery included )
- Dimensions: 6.20" X 2.05" X .80"
- Weight: 5.2 ounces with battery
- Speaker: 40 mm in diameter, 16 Ohms, .5 watt ( 2.5 times the output of the GP-4L )
- Earphone Jack: 3.5 MM, Earphones Included
Limited Supply From Surplus Contract
Warning: Some suppliers are offering aftermarket large ferrite bar antennas for our GP Radios. The weight of the aftermarket antenna causes the AM Bar Antenna Input connector to break internally, losing AM reception. This will void your warranty. (If it was a good idea, we would offer it)
ADD A DESK POD STAND ( CLICK HERE )
--- Green Tip Antenna ---
Single screw to replace the antenna.
IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A BACKUP ANTENNA.
HERE IS A COPY OF THE USER MANUAL ( HERE )
Misusing or mishandling a lithium-ion battery may cause a FIRE or EXPLOSION which can result in INJURY or DEATH.
You MUST read the safety warnings and resources before purchasing, using, and/or handling batteries.
WARNING:The user must have appropriate understanding of lithium ion batteries before purchase. Use caution when working with and using lithium ion batteries as they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode, burn, or cause a fire if misused or mishandled. Always charge in or on a fire-proof surface. Never leave batteries charging unattended. This battery is sold for the use of system integrations with proper protection circuitry or battery packs with a battery management system or PCB (circuit board/module). Buyer is responsible for any damage or injury caused by misuse or mishandling lithium ion batteries and chargers. Charge only with a smart charger designed for this specific type of lithium ion battery.
- Misusing or mishandling lithium ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury, property damage, or death
- BATTERIES MAY EXPLODE, BURN, OR CAUSE A FIRE IF MISUSED OR MISHANDLED
- ONLY use with proper protection circuitry
- ONLY use within manufacturer specification
- DO NOT store loose in pocket, purse, etc. – always use a protective case
- KEEP AWAY from metal objects to prevent short circuiting
- DO NOT short circuit
- DO NOT use if wrapper or insulator is damaged or torn
- DO NOT use if damaged in any way
- DO NOT overcharge or over-discharge
- DO NOT modify, disassemble, puncture, cut, crush, or incinerate
- DO NOT expose to liquids or high temperatures
- DO NOT solder
- User must be familiar with handling lithium ion batteries before purchase
- Usage of batteries is AT YOUR OWN RISK
We ship orders Worldwide. If you don't see your country as an option at checkout let us know and we can help. Customs delays in some cases can add a couple weeks of delays in some cases depending on time of year. For example during the holiday rush wait times can be longer for customs clearance so order early. We ship within 1-2 business days Monday - Friday
Where do you ship & how fast?
Service Shipping Time Speed Of Delivery / Weight First Class Domestic 2–5 Business Days Standard ( under 16 Ounces ) Priority Mail Domestic 1-4 Business Days Fast ( Over 16 Ounces ) First Class International 7+ Business Days - Varies by Destination & Customs Clearance Standard ( Under 64 Ounces ) Priority International 5+ Days - Varies by Destination & Customs Clearance Fast ( Over 64 Ounces )
How long does shipping take?
How do I track my order?
We ship orders Worldwide. If you don't see your country as an option at checkout let us know and we can help.
Customs delays in some cases can add a couple weeks of delays in some cases depending on time of year. For example during the holiday rush wait times can be longer for customs clearance so order early.
We ship within 1-2 business days Monday - Friday
We want you to be excited and happy with everything you buy from CountyComm so we offer quick & easy returns so you never have to worry ( Click Here )
Full 365 day warranty on all items we sell from defect or failure.
We stand behind every product we sell 100% from watches to flashlights, we have you covered!
I am amazed at how well this radio performs. It works the best when outside away from industrial/ household noise. Very sensitive and with the optional replacement whip it picks up stations even better.
A great radio to throw in a bag or in a jacket pocket.
Good reception, Read the manual about how to use settings as short press/long press on the same button does different things. Good audio, but with earphones it's loud at volume setting of 2 or higher if there is a normal background noise level.
This is a great radio in a small package. The full keypad makes it so easy to get to a specific frequency without having to scroll through presets and the antenna is noticeably sturdy with excellent performance.
CountyComm's customer support is beyond next level as well. The first GP-7 I received had an extremely sensitive encoder, it would change channels just by resting a finger on the dial. I contacted support about the issue, and they IMMEDIATELY sent a replacement along with a prepaid return label, no questions asked. That kind of support is rare these days. Needless to say, I'm quite impressed!
I'm very impressed with the performance of the radio. The radio can "almost" perform as good as my Drake SW8 in SYNC mode using a Miracle Whip antenna. The DSP in the radio works very well. Nice to have the small rechargeable battery in it. Very happy with the radio