GOV. MIL Pack - CountyComm GP-7 SSB ( GEN 4 ) General Purpose Radio - Limited Run!
Gen 4 Pack - SPO:003942B-2 /A21 Gen 4
1" Ribbed Poly Seal - Extended Shelf Life Seal
CC QR Code
Not only is the GOV MIL Pack GP-7 SSB double sealed & padded in a Kraft Mil PRF-131K Spec Class 2 - Mylar Poly Seal Bag, it also includes padded nylon carry case that was made exclusively for our client. This case is not available separately. These units were made for a SPO contract, are overruns.
- Perfect for long term storage -
- Direct Frequency Entry
- Variable Tune Rate - Steps
- Built In removable rechargeable battery included
- Now Features Internally Rechargeable BL-5C Lithium with BMS
- Custom Stainless Steel 27" Long Antenna
- Band-with Filters ( SSB .5 Khz , 1.2 Khz, 2.2 Khz, 3.0 Khz, 4.0 Khz )
- AM / MW Filter Range ( 2.5 Khz, 3.5 Khz, 9.0 Khz )
- 16 Ohm Speaker High Fidelity Speaker
- Ultra Fast Autoscan Feature
- ETM + Enhanced Tuning Modes - Create time specific memories for LW / MW / SSB
- Adjustable maximum volume threshold
- Synchronous Detection - Helps reduce fading on AM SW broadcast
DONT FORGET! - > SPARE EXTERNAL CHARGER + 2 BATTERIES AVAILABLE ( HERE )
A battery management system (BMS) is any electronic system that manages a rechargeable battery (cell or battery pack), such as by monitoring its state, calculating secondary data, reporting that data, protecting the battery, controlling its environment, and / or balancing it.
THE LAST GEN GP-5 SSB WAS FEATURED IN CONCEALED CARRY MAGAZINE - USCCA - RECEIVING THE EDITORS CHOICE AWARD!
NOW IN ORGANIC GRAY!
- FITS ALL EXISTING GP SERIES CASES!
EXCLUSIVE LIMITED PRODUCTION OVERRUN
(NEWEST MODEL - GEN 4 )
With GP-7 Ferrite Bar Antenna
World's best digital shortwave general purpose, 4 -band shortwave receiver ( We think so... )
Amazing for emergency kits. It also makes an excellent monitor for when you're transmitting and tuning a HAM rig!
The new GP-7 SSB radio is made based on a continued request for an excellent quality general purpose information radio. These radios are re-modified for a specific client request with the help of Edison Fong PHD. We have a few left over to offer to our consumer preppers. Remember, always have a radio and be prepared, we are living in changing times.
CountyComm is pleased to announce the GP-7/SSB radio with excellent HF communications monitoring in a unique handheld form factor and at a great price. The radio covers medium wave 520-1710 kHz shortwave 2300-30000 kHz and the FM band. Unlike most radios in this price category, the GP-7/SSB provides LSB and USB single sideband reception. It has a very unique Easy Tuning Mode (ETM). ETM does more the usual ATS. It scans all frequencies without taking up the memory spaces. So you get quick access to all local stations. Great for the traveler. There are also 850 regular memories ( 100 Longwave, 150 AM, 100 FM, 300 shortwave, 100 SSB & 100 SYNC ) available for tuning into your favorite stations. Another unique feature of the radio is its removable high sensitivity external AM ferrite antenna. This directional antenna clearly enhances AM band reception. The CountyComm GP-7/SSB even employs DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology, improving clarity and tone quality. There is even an adjustable sleep timer.
THE NEW GP-7 SSB IS GREATLY IMPROVED OVER THE LEGENDARY GP-4L & GP-5 DSP. THIS RADIO HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REDESIGNED BY OUR ENGINEERS AND THE FACTORY TO BE AN IMPORTANT PART OF BOTH YOUR SURVIVAL KIT AND YOUR FUN KIT. THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS RADIO SURPASSES RADIOS COSTING 2-3 TIMES MORE.
- FM – Stereo via stereo earphones / MW / LW / SW
- FM Frequency new extended range adjustable ( 64 - 108 MHz )
- Antenna Stainless Steel Custom Length : 27" Inches
- 850 Station Memories
- Multi Tuning Methods: ATS, ETM, Auto scan tuning with 5 seconds pre-listening for both frequency & memory (VF / VM), Manual tuning 9K/10K AM tuning step selectable
- Silicon Labs Si4734 DSP Gen 2 chipset
- LCD Backlight
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Key lock function
- External AM antenna Jack
- Built-in rechargeable function ( USB jack, 5V ) ( Uses BL-5C rechargeable batteries )
- Size: 53 (W) x 159 (H) x 26 (D) mm
Modes : AM, FM, SW, USB, LSB
- FM: 64 – 108 or 76 – 108 MHz
- --- FM broadcast band includes world-wide FM broadcast allocations
- MW/ AM: 522 - 1620 (9K tuning step) or 520 – 1710 kHz (10K tuning step )
- SW: Extended Frequency Range to 1711-29999 ( higher and lower coverage )
- LW frequency: 153 – 513 kHz (available for 9K tuning step variable )
Sterile Fiberboard Packaging Per Contract Requirements
- Stereo earphones
- USB Power Cord
- BL-5C rechargeable battery
- External AM antenna
- Carrying pouch
- User manual
- 4.2 Volts DC via side jack with included cable via USB 5V 1A or greater
- BL-5C ( Battery included )
- Dimensions: 6.20" X 2.05" X .80"
- Weight: 5.2 ounces with battery
- Speaker: 40 mm in diameter, 16 Ohms, .5 watt ( 2.5 times the output of the GP-4L )
- Earphone Jack: 3.5 MM, Earphones Included
Limited Supply From Surplus Contract
Warning: Some suppliers are offering aftermarket large ferrite bar antennas for our GP Radios. The weight of the aftermarket antenna causes the AM Bar Antenna Input connector to break internally, losing AM reception. This will void your warranty. (If it was a good idea, we would offer it)
--- Green Tip Antenna ---
Single screw to replace the antenna.
IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A BACKUP ANTENNA.
HERE IS A COPY OF THE USER MANUAL ( HERE )
Misusing or mishandling a lithium-ion battery may cause a FIRE or EXPLOSION which can result in INJURY or DEATH.
You MUST read the safety warnings and resources before purchasing, using, and/or handling batteries.
- Misusing or mishandling lithium ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury, property damage, or death
- BATTERIES MAY EXPLODE, BURN, OR CAUSE A FIRE IF MISUSED OR MISHANDLED
- ONLY use with proper protection circuitry
- ONLY use within manufacturer specification
- DO NOT store loose in pocket, purse, etc. – always use a protective case
- KEEP AWAY from metal objects to prevent short circuiting
- DO NOT short circuit
- DO NOT use if wrapper or insulator is damaged or torn
- DO NOT use if damaged in any way
- DO NOT overcharge or over-discharge
- DO NOT modify, disassemble, puncture, cut, crush, or incinerate
- DO NOT expose to liquids or high temperatures
- DO NOT solder
- User must be familiar with handling lithium ion batteries before purchase
- Usage of batteries is AT YOUR OWN RISK
Nice small portable shortwave radio. Easy to take anywhere. Works best with external antenna. Rechargeable battery is a big plus.
The single biggest and best improvement, among many, is the key panel for direct frequency entry. If you know where you want to go listen, getting there is as simple as can be now.
Good feature rich radio for everyday use. Including SSB. ATS memory function is a game changer for SW listing.
Charged up, played with, resealed and into long term storage. Much faster scan than older models!
Ok so I've been playing around with various radios for a while and am also a ham operator and I have to say I'm very happy with this radio.
It's small and light enough to pack easily and has a host of great features that radio nerds will love.
I threw a copper wire about 30 feet long into a tree and used an alligator clip to attach directly to the built in telescopic antenna, and massively improved the reception on shortwave. It was easily able to pick up stations all around the world.
For the money I doubt you can find a better deal unless you score a used radio with more features.
The only issue is that it is top heavy especially with the antenna all the way up. A stand is highly recommended. Luckily I have an ender 5+ and within the hour had a stand printing. Lol!
If you're on the fence just get it. You'll not regret it.