GOV. MIL Pack - CountyComm GP-5 SSB ( GEN 3 ) General Purpose Radio - Limited Run!
Gen 2 Pack - SPO:003942B-2 Gen 3
1" Ribbed Poly Seal - Extended Shelf Life Seal
CC QR Code
Not only is the Gov MIL Pack GP-5 SSB double sealed & padded in a Kraft Mil PRF-131K Spec Class 2 - Mylar Poly Seal Bag, it also includes padded nylon carry case that was made exclusively for our client. This case is not available separately. These units were made for a SPO contract, are overruns.
We have less than 65 left over!
- Perfect for long term storage -
( COMES WITH MATCHING ORGANIC GRAY EXTERNAL AM ANTENNA )
(NEWEST MODEL - GEN 3 )
World's best digital shortwave general purpose, 4 -band shortwave receiver ( We think so... )
Amazing for emergency kits. It also makes an excellent monitor for when you're transmitting and tuning a HAM rig!
The new GP-5 SSB radio is made based on a continued request for an excellent quality general purpose information radio. These radios are re-modified for a specific client request with the help of Edison Fong PHD. We have a few left over to offer to our consumer preppers. Remember, always have a radio and be prepared, we are living in changing times.
CountyComm is pleased to announce the GP-5/SSB radio with excellent HF communications monitoring in a unique handheld form factor and at a great price. The radio covers medium wave 520-1710 kHz shortwave 2300-30000 kHz and the FM band. Unlike most radios in this price category, the GP-5/SSB provides LSB and USB single sideband reception. It has a very unique Easy Tuning Mode (ETM). ETM does more the usual ATS. It scans all frequencies without taking up the memory spaces. So you get quick access to all local stations. Great for the traveler. There are also 450 regular memories (100 AM, 100 FM and 250 shortwave) available for tuning into your favorite stations. Another unique feature of the radio is its removable high sensitivity external AM ferrite antenna. This directional antenna clearly enhances AM band reception. The CountyComm GP-5/SSB even employs DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology, improving clarity and tone quality. There is even an adjustable sleep timer.
THE NEW GP-5 SSB IS GREATLY IMPROVED OVER THE LEGENDARY GP-4L & GP-5 DSP. THIS RADIO HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REDESIGNED BY OUR ENGINEERS AND THE FACTORY TO BE AN IMPORTANT PART OF BOTH YOUR SURVIVAL KIT AND YOUR FUN KIT. THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS RADIO SURPASSES RADIOS COSTING 2-3 TIMES MORE.
- Radio: 225 hrs at 40% Volume ( 50% Increased Run Time )
- FM – Stereo via stereo earphones / MW / LW / SW
- FM – Stereo via stereo earphones / MW / LW / SW
- FM Frequency range adjustable (76 / 87 / 87.5 ~ 108 MHz)
- Antenna Length 18 Inches
- 450 Station Memories
- Multi Tuning Methods: ATS, ETM, Auto scan tuning with 5 seconds pre-listening for both frequency & memory (VF / VM), Manual tuning 9K/10K AM tuning step selectable
- Silicon Labs Si4734 DSP chipset
- LCD Backlight
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Key lock function
- External AM antenna Jack
- Built-in rechargeable function (USB jack, 5V) ( can use rechargeable batteries )
- Size: 53 (W) x 159 (H) x 26 (D) mm
Modes : AM, FM, SW, USB, LSB
- FM: 87 – 108 or 76 – 108 MHz
- --- FM broadcast band includes world-wide FM broadcast allocations
- MW/ AM: 522 - 1620 (9K tuning step) or 520 – 1710 kHz (10K tuning step )
- SW: Extended Frequency Range to 1711-29999 ( higher and lower coverage )
- LW frequency: 150 – 522 kHz (available for 9K tuning step only)
Sterile Fiberboard Packaging Per Contract Requirements
- Stereo earphones
- External AM antenna
- Soft antenna
- Carrying pouch
- User manual
- 4.5 Volts DC via side jack (no adapter included)
- 3 each "AA" batteries ( Batteries not included )
- Dimensions: 6.20" X 2.05" X .80"
- Weight: 85 Grams not including batteries
- Speaker: 40 mm in diameter, 4 Ohms, .5 watt ( 2.5 times the output of the GP-4L )
- Earphone Jack: 3.5 MM, Earphones Included
Limited Supply From Surplus Contract
Warning: Some suppliers are offering aftermarket large ferrite bar antennas for our GP-5 Radios. The weight of the aftermarket antenna causes the AM Bar Antenna Input connector to break internally, losing AM reception. This will void your warranty.
--- Green Tip Antenna ---
Single screw to replace the antenna.
It's always a good idea to have a backup antenna.
Video of the 2016 Gen 2 Model Below
No Batteries Included With Kit!
After reading many reviews of many radios, I'm glad I settled on the GP-5. Got it just in time for ARRL Field Day 2019 & enjoyed learning the radio with quite a bit of HF amateur traffic to listen to. The case and wire antenna are a nice addition. Very pleased.
Exceptional receiver in a compact pkg! More functionality and portability than my old Grundig S350! Customer service is on point! Prompt response and fast shipping! This is an epic addition to my BOB, Backpacking and Outdoor Gear Loadouts!
I purchased the GOV. MIL Pack - CountyComm GP-5 SSB ( GEN 3 ) General Purpose Radio, mostly for the special case included with it.
The radio is great. I compared it against my Grundig 800 Satellit Millennium inside my second-floor apartment (concrete construction) , both radios using their built in antennas. The GP-5 caught all but one of the stations the 800 caught in the 49-meter band, and that station was very faint, even for the 800.
Using the provided soft antenna (I love the clip) increased the GP-5's sensitivity, although it also raised the noise floor, as expected.
The radio is awesome considering its small size and light weight. The case is very good, although it does not have room for the provided bud earphones.
From my point of view (ham radio operator and SW listener) this is a great radio for outdoor operation and very usable for indoors.
Having a numeric keypad would greatly improve this radio's usability.