CountyComm GP-7 SSB ( GEN 4 ) General Purpose Radio - Organic Gray ( 2023 Batch )
- Shipping Details
- 365 Day Warranty!
New 2023 Batch
Now Includes Free Silicone Protective Bumper - $10 Value
The 2023 Batch of GP-7 SSB radios comes with an exciting addition - a Free Silicone Protective Bumper, valued at $10, ensuring your radio stays protected during your adventures.
New Additions to the GP-7 SSB include a Direct Frequency Entry and Variable Tune Rate - Steps, granting you more control over your tuning experience. Enjoy the convenience of a Built-In removable rechargeable battery (BL-5C Lithium with BMS), providing long-lasting power for your radio.
Enhanced features include a Custom Stainless Steel 27" Long Antenna for improved reception and Band-width Filters for SSB (0.5 Khz, 1.2 Khz, 2.2 Khz, 3.0 Khz, 4.0 Khz) and AM/MW (2.5 Khz, 3.5 Khz, 9.0 Khz) filter range options.
The GP-7 SSB now sports a 16 Ohm High-Fidelity Speaker, delivering exceptional audio quality. The Ultra-Fast Autoscan Feature ensures quick access to local stations, and the ETM + Enhanced Tuning Modes enable you to create time-specific memories for LW/MW/SSB.
Additionally, the Synchronous Detection feature reduces fading on AM SW broadcasts, enhancing your listening experience.
Don't miss out on the Spare External Charger + 2 Batteries available for purchase to keep your radio powered and ready at all times.
This GP-7 SSB radio, featured in Concealed Carry Magazine and recipient of the Editors Choice Award, is now available in Organic Gray, fitting all existing GP series cases.
Designed with input from Edison Fong PHD and based on continued requests for a top-quality general purpose information radio, the GP-7 SSB is perfect for emergency kits and serves as an excellent monitor for HAM rig tuning.
The GP-7 SSB radio covers medium wave 520-1710 kHz, shortwave 2300-30000 kHz, and the FM band. It also provides LSB and USB single sideband reception, a unique Easy Tuning Mode (ETM), and 850 station memories for your favorite channels.
Featuring a removable high sensitivity external AM ferrite antenna, DSP technology for improved clarity, tone quality, and adjustable sleep timer, this radio is a versatile tool for both survival kits and leisure.
Don't miss this limited supply of surplus GP-7 SSB radios, carefully packaged for your convenience and ready to join you on your adventures. Order yours now and experience the world's best digital shortwave general purpose radio in action.
DONT FORGET! - > SPARE EXTERNAL CHARGER + 2 BATTERIES AVAILABLE ( HERE )
- FM – Stereo via stereo earphones / MW / LW / SW
- FM Frequency new extended range adjustable ( 64 - 108 MHz )
- Antenna Stainless Steel Custom Length : 27" Inches
- 850 Station Memories
- Multi Tuning Methods: ATS, ETM, Auto scan tuning with 5 seconds pre-listening for both frequency & memory (VF / VM), Manual tuning 9K/10K AM tuning step selectable
- Silicon Labs Si4734 DSP Gen 2 chipset
- LCD Backlight
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Key lock function
- External AM antenna Jack
- Built-in rechargeable function ( USB jack, 5V ) ( Uses BL-5C rechargeable batteries )
- Size: 53 (W) x 159 (H) x 26 (D) mm
Modes : AM, FM, SW, USB, LSB
- FM: 64 – 108 or 76 – 108 MHz
- --- FM broadcast band includes world-wide FM broadcast allocations
- MW/ AM: 522 - 1620 (9K tuning step) or 520 – 1710 kHz (10K tuning step )
- SW: Extended Frequency Range to 1711-29999 ( higher and lower coverage )
- LW frequency: 153 – 513 kHz (available for 9K tuning step variable )
Sterile Fiberboard Packaging Per Contract Requirements
- Stereo earphones
- USB Power Cord
- BL-5C rechargeable battery
- External AM antenna
- Carrying pouch
- User manual
- 4.2 Volts DC via side jack with included cable via USB 5V 1A or greater
- BL-5C ( Battery included )
- Dimensions: 6.20" X 2.05" X .80"
- Weight: 5.2 ounces with battery
- Speaker: 40 mm in diameter, 16 Ohms, .5 watt ( 2.5 times the output of the GP-4L )
- Earphone Jack: 3.5 MM, Earphones Included
Limited Supply From Surplus Contract
Warning: Some suppliers are offering aftermarket large ferrite bar antennas for our GP Radios. The weight of the aftermarket antenna causes the AM Bar Antenna Input connector to break internally, losing AM reception. This will void your warranty. (If it was a good idea, we would offer it)
--- Green Tip Antenna ---
Single screw to replace the antenna.
IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A BACKUP ANTENNA.
HERE IS A COPY OF THE USER MANUAL ( HERE )
Misusing or mishandling a lithium-ion battery may cause a FIRE or EXPLOSION which can result in INJURY or DEATH.
You MUST read the safety warnings and resources before purchasing, using, and/or handling batteries.
WARNING:The user must have appropriate understanding of lithium ion batteries before purchase. Use caution when working with and using lithium ion batteries as they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode, burn, or cause a fire if misused or mishandled. Always charge in or on a fire-proof surface. Never leave batteries charging unattended. This battery is sold for the use of system integrations with proper protection circuitry or battery packs with a battery management system or PCB (circuit board/module). Buyer is responsible for any damage or injury caused by misuse or mishandling lithium ion batteries and chargers. Charge only with a smart charger designed for this specific type of lithium ion battery.
- Misusing or mishandling lithium ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury, property damage, or death
- BATTERIES MAY EXPLODE, BURN, OR CAUSE A FIRE IF MISUSED OR MISHANDLED
- ONLY use with proper protection circuitry
- ONLY use within manufacturer specification
- DO NOT store loose in pocket, purse, etc. – always use a protective case
- KEEP AWAY from metal objects to prevent short circuiting
- DO NOT short circuit
- DO NOT use if wrapper or insulator is damaged or torn
- DO NOT use if damaged in any way
- DO NOT overcharge or over-discharge
- DO NOT modify, disassemble, puncture, cut, crush, or incinerate
- DO NOT expose to liquids or high temperatures
- DO NOT solder
- User must be familiar with handling lithium ion batteries before purchase
- Usage of batteries is AT YOUR OWN RISK
We ship orders Worldwide. If you don't see your country as an option at checkout let us know and we can help. Customs delays in some cases can add a couple weeks of delays in some cases depending on time of year. For example during the holiday rush wait times can be longer for customs clearance so order early. We ship within 1-2 business days Monday - Friday
Where do you ship & how fast?
Service Shipping Time Speed Of Delivery / Weight First Class Domestic 2–5 Business Days Standard ( under 16 Ounces ) Priority Mail Domestic 1-4 Business Days Fast ( Over 16 Ounces ) First Class International 7+ Business Days - Varies by Destination & Customs Clearance Standard ( Under 64 Ounces ) Priority International 5+ Days - Varies by Destination & Customs Clearance Fast ( Over 64 Ounces )
How long does shipping take?
How do I track my order?
We ship orders Worldwide. If you don't see your country as an option at checkout let us know and we can help.
Customs delays in some cases can add a couple weeks of delays in some cases depending on time of year. For example during the holiday rush wait times can be longer for customs clearance so order early.
We ship within 1-2 business days Monday - Friday
We want you to be excited and happy with everything you buy from CountyComm so we offer quick & easy returns so you never have to worry ( Click Here )
Full 365 day warranty on all items we sell from defect or failure.
We stand behind every product we sell 100% from watches to flashlights, we have you covered!
Very compact for sw radio. Makes it easier to carry with you. Good battery life and will run for hours with the spare batteries. Haven't had it very long so still learning the programming. Not too difficult, but there is a learning curve. I would buy it again.
This is an excellent radio. Compact, robust, and packed with all the features you need. Great speaker, the removable rechargeable battery is also a nice feature to have. Battery life is solid both in use and on standby
Nothing comes close to the GP-7/SSB in today's portable radio scene. It performs excellently on the AM/FM and shortwave bands and fits in a shirt pocket for easy portability. The GP-7/SSB comes with all accessories such as a well-written owner's manual, carrying case, ear buds, rechargeable battery and charging cable - everything you need to enjoy radio listening. The price of this radio makes it affordble to the general public. Thank you CountyComm for providing such an excellent product.
I love this radio. I upgraded for the ssb capability and the rechargeable battery. This is great for emergency situations and power failures. It is small and compact. There is a learning curve but the manual gives the instructions how to use and program. You can’t go wrong getting this radio. Thank you county comm.